As regular readers of this blog of self-publishing advice will know, each Thursday we host a guest post about a particular aspect of the craft of writing, addressing inspiration, motivation, genre, writing skills and goals. This last Thursday of 2013 is a great time to revisit those posts to make sure you’ve not missed a trick.
- Going Your Own Way as an Indie on the freedoms offered by the self-published route – by novelist Linda Gillard
- How to Remain Resilient in the Face of Criticism giving positive strategies for coping well with adverse reviews – by ALLi’s creativity consultant Mark McGuinness
- How to Integrate Your Writing with Your Day Job full of practical advice to help you claim more writing time – by sci-fi and YA author Steven O’Connor
- Writing Small Stones to Help Your Craft by honing tiny observational pieces every day – by poet and novelist Satya Robyn
- How Writing Poetry Improved My Prose sharing the author’s first-hand experience – by poet and novelist Michael La Ronn
- Writing Memoirs: Telling the Ugly Truth in a Beautiful Way giving a moving personal account of the transformative power of writing – by first-time author Elaine Pereira
- Never Give Up On Your Dreams of Being a Self-published Writer with a powerful example of how perseverance paid off – by novelist and artist Natalie Buske Thomas
This is just a small cross-section of our Thursday Writing strand – there are many more posts well worth reading or re-reading here – the perfect inspiration for your New Year’s Writing Resolutions!
Next Thursday, for the first Writing post of 2014, we’ll be focusing on Writers’ Resolutions for the New Year. Be sure to stop by to add yours!