Being an indie author involves a lot of tasks, from building a publishing team for yourself to selectively licensing your rights and everything in between. After helping several authors in their author journey, ALLi has published a series of guidebooks based on common topics all indie authors need assistance with.
Complete Publishing Guides for Indie Authors
Latest Release: How Authors Sell Publishing Rights (2nd Edition)
Rights licensing allows you to make money from your book(s) without writing another word. In “How Authors Sell Publishing Rights” learn more about rights licensing, how to approach rights buyers, what they’re looking for, and what to expect when discussing the license or ‘sale of rights’ for your book.
Purchase Now: Selfpublishingadvice.org/rightsbook
This entire series will help you build a sound foundation for your author business:
- Creative Self-Publishing: Build a holistic creative business that can weather the worst of storms.
- Choose the Best Self-Publishing Services: assemble the perfect self-publishing team for you
- Reach More Readers, Sell More Books: Combine your goals, interests, strengths and motivators as a writer and publisher to create a marketing plan that’s fun, and a daily part of your author business.
- Your Book in Bookstores: Take your book to a store’s bookshelf and then into the hands of a reader.
- 150 Self-Publishing Questions Answered: ALLi answers questions across the seven processes of publishing
- How Authors Sell Publishing Rights: Learn more about rights licensing, how to approach rights buyers, what they’re looking for, and what to expect when discussing the license or ‘sale of rights’ for your book.
Purchase Now: Selfpublishingadvice.org/ShopCompleteGuides
Coming Soon: Reach More Readers, Sell More Books
Reach More Readers, Sell More Books combines your goals, interests, strengths and motivators, accommodates your needs and preferences as a writer and publisher to create a marketing plan that’s fun, and a daily part of your author business.
Preorder Now: Selfpublishingadvice.org/preorder-marketingbook
Short Publishing Guides for Indie Authors
Short topics, detailed guides. You should find answers to most of your questions:
- Your First 50 Book Reviews: best practices and ethics while gathering book reviews
- Your Book in Libraries Worldwide: understand the world of libraries and get your books in front of avid readers.
- Using ISBNs as an Indie Author: find out key facts about ISBNs, get answers to your questions, and be confident about their use in author-publishing
- Book Prizes & Awards for Indie Authors: increase your chance of winning book awards and prizes.
- Podcasting for Authors: be a good podcast guest and learn how to produce your own podcast and grow a following as a broadcasting author
Purchase Now: Selfpublishingadvice.org/ShopShortGuides
Campaign Guides for Indie Authors
Join us in empowering indie authors.
- Opening Doors: Explains everything from entering awards and joining literary associations, to approaching festivals, bookshops and making the most of your publication rights.
- SelfPub3: The drivers of SelfPub3, and the five author business models in use today
- Copyright Bill of Rights: What copyright is, its interpretation around the world, and how changes in copyright affect authors.
Purchase Now: Selfpublishingadvice.org/ShopCampaignGuides
Go Creative! Planners and Workbook
Plan your way to success
- Monthly Mapping: expand your impact, influence and income as an indie author on month at a time
- Quarterly Review & Forecast: Create a plan of action that makes every quarter profitable
- The Planning Workbook: The foundational planner in this series
Purchase Now: Selfpublishingadvice.org/ShopDirectory
Partner Services Directory
Build yourself a winning team
The Self-Publishing Services Directory is ALLi's showcase of Partner Members’ approved author services, a list of the best self-publishing services.
Our Watchdog Desk, headed by John Doppler, vets all services to ensure they comply with ALLi standards of ethics and excellence.
The Directory also features relevant articles from ALLi’s Self-Publishing Advice Center, offering authors advice on how to assemble the perfect team of professionals to create great books and author businesses.
Purchase Now: Selfpublishingadvice.org/directory/