We invite guest blogs and case studies from members of the Alliance of Independent Authors. Below are the guidelines to follow.
ALLi Guest Blogger Guidelines: Before Submission
- Only ALLi members are eligible to write guest posts. We welcome guest posts from all categories of ALLi member: author, associate, partner, authorpreneur, and organizational. If you're not yet a member of ALLi, now's a great time to join! Visit our membership website to apply: www.allianceindependentauthors.org.
- We are seeking posts that help other indie authors solve a problem, explain a how-to approach, or foster healthy discussion of debatable topics.
- We require posts to have tangible tips and takeaways actions that members and readers can go away and implement and experiment with.
- We like posts that draw on personal details and experience. Our community is renowned for its collaborative spirit and our best blog posts reflect that. Personal opinions and case studies are prized.
- Posts and case studies must be original i.e. written especially for the ALLi blog, and must not have appeared previously elsewhere.
- Your byline will be included, together with a brief bio with one link to your author website, or other appropriate URL.
- Guest posts are voluntary. As a non-profit organization aiming to keep our membership costs as low as possible, we do not offer an editorial fee for contribution.
- As author, you retain all rights. We ask that you include a link back to our original posting in any repost.
- Your post will be edited before publication. It will be formatted and sub-edited according to our in-house style as well as for SEO purposes. All editor decisions are final.
ALLi Guest Blogger Guidelines: How To Submit Your Guest Post Idea
If you have any questions or would like to submit a post, Sacha Black is the first point of contact: [email protected]
Email Sacha with a brief outline of your idea, ideally with a title and some bullet points about the areas of content you'd cover and why you would like to write it. She ‘ll reply to advise you on its suitability. If your initial idea isn't quite right, she'll suggest some amendments that will make it suitable.
Sacha aims to reply within three working days of an approach but may take longer, especially at busy periods. If you haven't heard from her a week on, please feel free to contact her again, in case your email has been trapped by a spam filter along the way.
ALLi Guest Blogger Guidelines: How To Submit Copy
We accept two types of posts.
- Usually case studies are short paragraphs less than 400 words about a members experience on a very specific subject.
- Occasionally case studies will be longer upwards of 1000 words but these posts while drawing on a member's experience will be tips heavy.
- Where a member has a significant expertise in an area, they may wish to write a longer piece for us 1000-3000 words.
- These posts will dive into detail about one specific area and give a more comprehensive article.
- The ALLi team will add case studies to these posts.
Once your idea is accepted, please:
- Posts may be returned for editing if they don't meet requirements or don't have sufficient tips and takeaways in them.
- Email your completed post to Sacha as an attachment, ideally at a Word document or plain text. Again, note that she will format and sub-edit it to match our house style and for SEO keyword purposes (we want your post to be found!).
- Please email as separate attachments 3-4 images to which you hold the rights, in jpg format, to be used as illustrations. Note: if you have an account for stock images, it does not mean ALLi has the right to post those images on our site. If any of your own books are relevant to the post, this should include a cover image for the appropriate book. If you are unable to provide illustrations, Sacha may use stock photos secured from ALLi's respective account so we ensure we have the proper rights.
- Please include with your post your author bio, headshot, website URL, and all relevant social media handles.
Suggesting a Topic
If you don't want to write a post but would like to suggest a topic, please message Sacha. We're constantly looking for new ideas to meet our readers' needs and interests. Questions are welcome, as well as answers!
Many thanks for your interest, for reviewing and understanding these guest blogger guidelines, and please keep your great ideas coming.