On Saturday we ran the Self-Publishing Advice Conference Spring 2020 — 24 sessions over 24 hours on the theme of boosting your author income. Sacha Black asks: have you registered and tuned in yet? If not, now is the time. The self-publishing advice conference is free for another 24 hours.
Have you been enjoying the Self-publishing Advice Conference Spring 2020?
With all the enforced isolation going on, it’s the perfect time to binge-watch some of the 24 great sessions we’ve been airing on the conference website since Saturday morning.
Each Spring and Fall in association with the Alliance of Independent Authors, London Book Fair and, this year (we hope), Frankfurt Book Fair, we bring you this mammoth author education event online.
Run by authors for authors and completely free to you for three days.
This year, coronavirus precautions saw the London Book Fair canceled but we recorded the sessions that would have been live there and included them in our line-up.
And what a line-up!
Self-Publishing Advice Conference Spring 2020: Some Sessions
This time out, our conference was on the theme of increasing your author income and we had an enormous variety and range of topics.
- From what to get right before you press the publish button (Jane Friedman and panel) to when to outsource your book marketing (Ricardo Fayet).
- From the concept of creative self-publishing (Orna Ross) to using Kickstarter (Margo Atwell), book promotion sites (Written Word Media) literary agents (Ethan Ellenberg) and libraries (Mark Lefevbre) to boost your book sales.
- From using traditional PR as an indie author (AG Billig) creating a simple and effective creative business plan (Kimberley Grabbas) to evaluating your book marketing and sales success (Penny Sansevieri).
- We’ve got Michael and Judith Anderlé (wrapping up ALLi’s Indie Author Rights Progam)
- Angela Ackerman (on collaboration with other authors and influencers)
- Robin Cutler hosting two panels and bring us a great IngramSpark discount (see below)
- Jules Horne (on working with family and friends)
- Dakota Krout (on building a fan base)
- Dale Roberts (on monetising YouTube as an author)
- And ALLi Enterprise Advisor Joanna Penn (with Robin Cutler and panel) on the power of indie publishing.
You’ll see that there are sessions for everybody– whether you’re just starting out, or you’re already running a successful
Self-Publishing Advice Conference Spring 2020: Discounts and Giveaways
We also have lots of free giveaways and discounts for registered attendees.
Like free set up and revision fees on Ingram Spark, gold sponsor of the conference.
Self-Publishing Advice Conference Spring 2020: How To Attend Free
- Register for your free three days pass here, if you haven’t already.
- Once you’ve registered, just scroll up and down the session feed to browse.
- Click the title of the session that interests you. That will take you to the presentation page for that particular session. There you can read all about the session and speaker.
- Hit play to watch the session
- You can also enter for a giveaway if that speaker has provided one.
- If you wish to attend once the free three days expire tomorrow, you’ll need to sign up for an All-Access Pass
All-Access Passes: Accessing the Self-Publishing Advice Conference Forever
It’s also possible to purchase All-access Passes to the conference.
- The Six-month All-Access Pass will give you access not just to this conference, but to all past (from 2018) SelfPubCons too for six months. That’s 100+ sessions so far of the best indie author education available anywhere on the internet.
- The Lifetime All-Access Pass will give you access to all past conferences and all the conferences yet to come, year after year.