Our launch at London Book Fair last year featured a panel of four superb self-publishing authors. Established success Linda Gillard; surprise breakthrough author, John A Logan; experimental literary scribe Dan Holloway; and former NY Times bestseller-turned-indie, Joni Rodgers, who flew in from the US for the event, all spoke to Sam Missingham of The Bookseller Magazine, addressing the question: ‘How I Went Indie And Why’.
It was all very exciting, as you can see from this picture of founder, Orna Ross, letting it go to her head a little. (With thanks to Catriona Troth, for the picture).
It's hard to believe it's only a year ago.
Now, 52 weeks on, ALLi is on the official LBF “Love Learning” programme and we've lots of events for our UK members and those who are travelling to be at the fair.
1. Discount for our members only. Just £15 to attend for all three days of the fair (Mon 15th to Wed 17th April).
2. Author Lounge & Kobo Booth: Meet The Author Events, where we spotlight our members' books (Mon/Tues/Wed).
3. Seminars: Orna Ross on Going Indie: Lessons From The Alliance of Independent Authors on Successful Self-Publishing (Mon 15th) and our UK Advisor, Joanna Penn, talking about Advanced Marketing for Authors (Wed 17th).
4. Book Launch: Choosing A Self-Publishing Service 2013: The Alliance of Independent Authors Guide (ebook) by Ben Galley, Mick Rooney and edited by Orna Ross with an Introduction by Victoria Strauss (Mon 15th, 5pm).
5. PARTY! The Pembroke Pub (5 mins from Exhibition Centre). ALLi's First Birthday Party, sponsored by Amazon. Meet and mingle with press, book bloggers and reviewers, and self-publishing's finest (Mon 7.30).
6. Author Lounge Panel Discussions: The Author as Entrepreneur- Orna Ross & Polly Courtney (Wed 11am) and our own panel at the book launch with Steena Holmes (from Canada), CJ Lyons (from US) and our own Ben Galley, chaired by the indefatiguable Joanna Penn (Mon 5pm).
7. Workshop: Indie Author Clinic & Showcase: ALLi Authors give advice and spotlight their books (Wed 12 noon to 2pm).
*all times GMT
Events are free to members and we'd love you to join us.
You need to be a paid up member of ALLi. Go HERE.
And to purchase a 3-day ticket to the event. Go HERE.
Once you have that in place, here is your invitation: ALLi LBF 2013 Invitations
Please RSVP to Geraldine at info [at] allianceindependentauthors.org