We’re four weeks away from our third and final Indie Author Fringe event of 2017, which is Fringe to the Frankfurt Book Fair.
What is the Fringe?:
- It’s 24-Hours of non-stop sessions presented by indie authors and industry experts.
- It’s Online, and
- It’s Free.
Back Book Cover Competition
We’ve officially opened our Back Book Cover Competition. Enter for your chance to win a copy of Dragon software from Nuance for Mac or PC, which offers fast, accurate dictation and transcription that can increase your daily word count and productivity.
Our competition is free to enter and it provides you with an opportunity to showcase your book, add a retailer link, and credit your cover designer.I'm entering the #IndieAuthorFringe Book Cover Competition. Have you? Click To Tweet
Here’s just a few of the topics we’re covering in our online Fringe event:
- Inspirational indie and renowned writing and business advisor, Joanna Penn, is interviewed by Sukhi Jutla, of The Author Entrepreneurs, about what it takes to succeed in the books business. Hint: it starts with an indie mindset and a business plan. Authorship provides “a viable business in this age of global and digital opportunity,” says Penn, explaining the step-by-step process that will move you from being an author to running a successful author business, as quickly and easily as possible.
- Between them, Kristine and Dean have almost a century’s experience in books and a multilayered, international publishing and book-selling empire. Kris’s “Business Musings” each Friday and Dean’s “How To Think Like A Publisher” are legendary among self-publishers. In this wide ranging and inspiring interview they talk about what it takes to make a life and a living in books, including their latest venture, running three physical bookstores.
- There’s more to digital advertising than Facebook ads. In this candid interview, bestselling Author Mark Dawson and his colleague at SelfPublishingFormula.com James Blatch discuss the latest trends in paid ads for authors with seven actionable tips you can put in place, right now.
- Because only a small percentage of authors earn a living from their books, most need to develop additional revenue streams. In this content-rich presentation, Stephanie Chandler shares real-world examples and strategies for adding lucrative revenue streams to your author/publisher business.
- Have you tried and failed to get a Bookbub Featured Deal? There is another way to access Bookbub’s growing hordes of keen readers: their advertising program. Adam Croft has been working on a Bookbub Advertising course for SelfpublishingFormula.com and here he shares some of his top tips for running a successful ad campaign on the foremost digital book marketing site.
If you haven’t already registered to attend our upcoming fringe event you can do it here:
By signing up to attend you’ll be the first to know about sponsorship deals, discounts, and session giveaways.
Sponsor the Fringe
If you’re interested in becoming an active supporter of our Indie Author Fringe event, we offer a variety of sponsorship packages aimed at different budgets. Click here to find out more about sponsorship opportunities.