December has seen the ALLi team look back at the year and review the highs and lows. Today is the slightly different. Instead of looking back at the fiction and nonfiction podcast during 2019, Sacha Black and Adam Croft (the podcast’s 2020 hosts), look to the New Year and reveal the upcoming topics.
The Fiction and Nonfiction Podcast Hosts
Your hosts for 2020 are Adam Croft and Sacha Black, here’s a little more about them:
With almost two million books sold to date, Adam Croft is one of the most successful independently published authors in the world, and one of the biggest selling authors of the past few years, having sold books in over 120 different countries. Adam has achieved seven Amazon storewide number 1 bestsellers, in the United Kingdom, United States, Canada and Australia, and hosts The Indie Author Mindset Podcast.
Sacha Black is a bestselling and competition winning author, developmental editor and writing coach. She’s the author of the popular YA Fantasy ‘Eden East’ novels and a series of non-fiction books that are designed to help writers develop their craft. She lives in Hertfordshire, England, with her wife and son.
A Look Forward: ALLi Fiction and Nonfiction Podcast 2020
Below, are a list of dates and topics for the fiction and nonfiction podcast in 2020. A word of caution, because we’ve set these a year out, there are occasionally editorial reasons that mean a topic has to change. However, for now, if a topic sparks questions, please do drop them in the comments and we will make sure they get answered in the appropriate podcast.
- Monday, 13th January, will see a discussion on audiobooks and how to sell them across different platforms.
- Monday, 10th February, will discuss multiple streams of income, how you can actually create them around your book and what they mean for your business.
- Monday, 9th March, the discussion will circle around formatting and design, how do you make your book as good as possible both inside and out?
- Monday, 13th April, we will talk about how to land a good book launch for both your first in series and later books in your series.
- Monday, 11th May, Adam and Sacha will talk about mailing lists and how to manage them effectively.
- Monday, 8th June, the hosts will talk seasonal selling, how to capitalise on summer sales, festive seasons and sales frenzies like Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Monday, July 13th, Adam and Sacha will talk about author voice and the differences between fiction and nonfiction and what voice means to you.
- Monday, 10th August, will see the duo discuss marketing investments and how to know what’s a good versus a bad spend and how to know whether you’re making your money back.
- Monday, 14th September, the session will talk business and how you can set yourself up for success.
- Monday, 12th October, the duo will talk about back lists and how you can give them a new lease of life.
- Monday, 9th November, will be all about book covers.
- Monday, 14th December’s discussion will revolve around organic growth of your book business.
OVER TO YOU
What questions do you have for Sacha and Adam on these topics?
If you enjoyed this post, you might like these from the ALLi archive: