Welcome to AskALLi, the Self-Publishing Advice Podcast from the Alliance of Independent Authors. This week it’s our monthly Member Q&A where the most pressing self-publishing questions from ALLi members are analyzed and answered. Join your regular hosts for the Member Q&A: Michael La Ronn and Dan Blank.
Questions this month include
- What is the best way to format bibliography/works cited at the end of a book so that it looks good in ebook and paperback?
- What is the best way to build a team of publishing professionals around an indie author?
- Does ALLi recommend PublishDrive? (Yes!)
- Is it possible to distribute a 4″ x 6″ book on CreateSpace?
- How does an indie author go about getting permission to use a song lyric from a famous artist?
- If you publish books wide, what is the best way to build a readership on smaller platforms that don’t offer advertising services?
- What is the easiest way to build an author website?
Do you have a different question? Find more author advice, tips and tools at our Self-publishing Author Advice Center: https://selfpublishingadvice.org, with a huge archive of nearly 2,000 blog posts, and a handy search box to find key info on the topic you need.
And, if you haven’t already, we invite you to join our organization and become a self-publishing ally. You can do that at http://allianceindependentauthors.org.
Now, go write and publish!
Listen to the AskALLi Members’ Q&A
Subscribe to our Ask ALLi podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player.FM, Overcast, Pocket Casts, or via our RSS feed:
Watch the AskALLi Members’ Q&A
About the Hosts
Michael La Ronn is the author of over 30 books of science fiction & fantasy and authors self-help books. His books include the Galaxy Mavericks series and Modern Necromancy series.
Dan Blank is the founder of WeGrowMedia, where he helps writers and artists share their stories and grow their audience. He is the author of the book Be the Gateway: A Practical Guide to Sharing Your Creative Work and Engaging an Audience.