‘April is the cruellest month’ said T.S. Eliot. Not if you’re an indie author, we say. Because April is IndieReCon and London Book Fair Time.
IndieReCon is now five days away, kicking off next Wednesday April 15th at 7:30 (EDT) and culminating in our first ever live-streamed event in association with London Book Fair: The Alliance of Independent Authors Indie Author Fringe Fest.
It’s our way of making London Book Fair relevant to indie authors and bringing it to you, wherever you are. (And our thanks to LBF for hosting the first ever Indie Fringe at Foyle's)
Now: We need you to spread the word to as many authors as possible.
We've lots of tools below to make it easy for you to share.
As you know, there are so many great reasons to join us – we’ve put together just ten for starters in a handy article (see box below) that you can use to blog and pass on to writer pals.
So please share the news about IndieReCon 2015 with all of your author friends via your blog, website, Facebook page or Twitter feed.
Do let them know that registering for IndieReCon is a doddle
(And, by the way, have you registered yourself yet?).
Also be sure to tell them that this gathering of world-renowned self-publishing expertise comes absolutely free.
ALLi At the London Book Fair
For those of you attending the LBF, most of the author action is around Author HQ, where you’re sure to bump into ALLi members. Members and advisors are well represented on the schedule.
- Introduction To Publishing – The Roles Of Publisher And Literary Agent
- Tuesday 09:45 – 10:3014 Apr 2015: Dr Alison Baverstock, Kingston University. ALLi Academic Advisor
- Kindle Direct Publishing: Author Experiences. ALLi Sponsor & Members
- Tuesday 10:45 – 11:3014 Apr 2015: Mel Sherratt & Mark Dawson
- Thursday 10:45 – 11:3016 Apr 2015: Rachel Abbott
- Wednesday10:45 – 11:3015 Apr 2015: CJ Lyons
- Know Your Rights – Legal And Contracts
- Tuesday 11:45 – 12:30 14 Apr 2015: Joanna Penn, ALLi Advisor
- Kobo Writing Life: What it takes to get readers to turn the page.
- Tuesday14:45 – 15:3014 Apr 2015: Diego Marano, Kobo Writing Life, ALLi Sponsor
- Crowdfunding: How To Raise Money To Publish
- Wednesday 09:45 – 10:3015 Apr 2015: Ben Galley, ALLi Crowdfunding Advisor
- How I Made It – Living The Dream
- Wednesday16:45 – 17:3015 Apr 2015: CJ Lyons, ALLi Professional Member & US Ambassador
- Publishers And Agents – How They Are Discovering New Talent
- Thursday 09:45 – 10:3016 Apr 2015: Rebecca Swift, The Literary Consultancy, ALLi Partner Member
- Kobo Writing Life: Author Collectives
- Thursday 12:45 – 13:3016 Apr 2015: Diane Capri, ALLi Professional Member
Can’t Make London?
Of course not! We know most of you can't. Never fear: we’re bringing the advice, education and information to you.
IndieReCon will take over this advice blog for all of next week and on the IndieReCon website, we’ll be live-streaming many of the events — so you, and your author friends, can tune in, wherever you are.
Here is our most up-to-date schedule at time of posting, with links to our amazing line-up of speakers and info on our sponsors, who help us keep this event free for authors.
Writing can be a solitary pursuit. Author driven events like IndieRecon are an occasion for gaining support, expert advice, trusted guidance, all-important networking — while having some fun too.
Social Media: We're on Twitter, Facebook & Pinterest. Check out the IndieReCon Social Media Page.
Twitter: Our hastag is:#
[…] spread the word to your author friends. We’ve provided ways that make it easy for you to do that here and here, and there’s “Share the Knowledge” social media buttons at the end of each event […]
[…] spread the word to your author friends. We’ve provided ways that make it easy for you to do that here and here, and there’s “Share the Knowledge” social media buttons at the end of […]
IndieReCon just notified to my mailing lists 🙂