Over the weekend of Saturday October 21st, and Sunday October 22nd, the indie author community came together for the highly anticipated Self-Publishing Advice Conference (#SelfPubCon23). It was great to see so many of our ALLi members and the wider indie author community attend.
This year, the conference focused on the theme of “Success Mindset for Indie Authors,” featuring a line-up of over 50 speakers who shared their insights and experiences with an audience eager to break down barriers and find the keys to unlock indie author success.
A SUPERB #SelfPubCon23 Thank you @IndieAuthorALLI. – @JillRitchieZA
With 24-sessions over 24-hours covering everything from finding the joy in book marketing and winning awards to the advantages of direct sales and how inclusivity can grow your readership, there was something for everyone to enjoy.
Watch our #SelfPubCon23 highlights video here:
The best part of all? The conference was completely free to access for three days! While that deadline has now passed, ALLi members can still enjoy free access to the entire conference archive (including the Success Mindset for Indie Authors conference) by registering for the six-month pass included within your membership. Just go to Advice > Conference in your ALLi Member Dashboard for more information.
Thanks to the #ALLi team for hosting a great #SelfPubCon23 event. – Christopher Norris
#SelfPubCon23 ‘Art of the Title' Competition Winners
We're thrilled to announce the winners of this year’s ‘Art of the Title’ competition!
From hundreds of entries, a shortlist of ten was narrowed down by ALLi director, Orna Ross. Hannah Jacobson of Book Award Pro then selected three runner-up winners and an overall, grand-prize winner.
Enormous congratulations go to Christine Betts, our grand-prize winner who won with the entry, Real Friends Stab You in the Front.
Huge congratulations also go to our three runner-up winners, Joe Cawley, Eleanor Dixon, and Kristen Julius.
Together, they will receive a combined total of $13,500 worth of Gatekeeper Press Premium Services, three ALLi Guidebooks each, and a range of self-publishing services kindly donated by ALLi Partner Members.
Thank You to Our #SelfPubCon23 Sponsors
#SelfPubCon23 would not have been possible without the generous support of our sponsors.
We extend our heartfelt gratitude to:
- Platinum Sponsor, Amazon KDP, for their enlightening panel on “How To Cultivate a Success Mindset with Amazon KDP”.
- Gold Sponsor, Ingram Spark, who delved into “Why Mindset Matters: Unlocking Indie Author Success with Ingram Spark”.
- Silver Sponsor, 1106 Design, for making “The Marketing Forever Mindset” possible with their support of our biggest-ever panel of 11 best-selling indie authors and showing us how to master self-publishing success with their session on, “Thinking Like a Publisher from the Start”.
- Silver Sponsor, Gatekeeper Press, for providing incredible prizes for our ‘Art of the Title' competition winners and for hosting a live product demonstration and Q&A for all attendees.
- Bronze Sponsor, Publish Drive, who guided us through “Developing A Scaling Mindset: How Efficiency Generates Success.”
Just finished watching Joe Solari’s talk on “Direct Sales Mindsets” and was floored at how much valuable info it contained. Lots of food for thought from this one I’ll be digesting for a while. – Eric Beaty
- Bronze Sponsor, Bowker, for sponsoring the enlightening panel on “Developing A Global Mindset,” showing indie authors how to reach readers worldwide.
- Bronze Sponsor, Journey to Kidlit, who supported Crystal Swain-Bates in showing “How an Inclusive Mindset Can Grow Your Readership”.
- Session Sponsor, Reedsy, for exploring the power of the author community in “Cultivating A Collaboration Mindset”.
- Session Sponsor, Write|Publish|Sell for helping us get “From Procrastination to Productivity” with Anne Bartolucci.
- Session Sponsor, Bookvault, who helped Joe Solari show us the power of selling direct in: “The Advantages of Personal Sales”.
Thank You to the #SelfPubCon23 Speakers & Attendees
We extend our deepest gratitude to all the speakers, and panellists who shared their knowledge and experiences at #SelfPubCon23. Your insights and expertise are invaluable to the indie author community.
Attendees, thank you for spending the weekend with us, and well done for those of you who powered through and made it through a solid 24-hours of mindset learning!
Thank you to ALLI for the great conference and loads of resources and food for thought experiences. – Mariana Pensado
This year, we introduced a brand-new networking space, SelfPubConnect, where attendees, speakers, and sponsors had the opportunity to connect and collaborate, making networking a central focus for all attendees. And because of this new space, our speakers and sponsors were able to provide an additional nine live Q&A sessions, providing even more opportunities for attendees to engage with our industry experts and have their burning questions answered.
How to Access #SelfPubCon23 Now That It’s Over?
For those who missed any of the sessions or want to relive the conference, you can access all the recordings and additional resources via the conference website.
ALLi members, this is free for you. Just head to Advice > Conference when logged into your ALLi member dashboard for instructions on how to redeem your six-month All-Access Pass.
Non-members, if you’d like to have access to not just this conference but all past conferences in replay, you can now purchase a six-month or Lifetime All-Access Pass. For more details, go here.
That was a wonderful event. I'd love to see more of those type programs. It felt as if I were really at a conference. – Sherri Hollister
The October 2023 Self-Publishing Advice Conference #SelfPubCon23 was a resounding success, bringing together indie authors and industry experts in a collective effort to unlock the secrets of the “Success Mindset for Indie Authors.” We thank each and every one of you for your participation and contributions.
Stay tuned for future events, like our 10th anniversary conference coming next year, and keep nurturing your indie author success mindset!