Conference organiser Alexa Bigwarfe brings us up to date on our exciting plans for ALLi’s Self-publishing Advice Conference.
We are now less than three short weeks away from our all-free, global conference in association with The London Book Fair, when we will be bringing the Fair to you, wherever you are in the world.
Our theme is SELF-PUBLISH FOR PLEASURE AND PROFIT IN 2018 and our conference is packed full of guidance and information that you won’t find anywhere else, on how to be happy with your self-publishing efforts across the seven stages of publishing and running an indie-author business.
Advice on the 7 Stages of the Publishing Process
As well as highlighting the key things you need to do to produce a gorgeous book, and how much easier that is getting now, with new tools and techniques, we’ve also got best practice strategies for expanding your income and influence:
- growing your lists
- fine-tuning your author brand
- deepening your connection with your readers
We are still adding to the list of talented individuals who will be bringing their good guidance but you can get a taste of our great line-up here.
Impressive, I think you’ll agree, and we’re adding to it every day.
You’ll recognize some of our most popular regular speakers such as:
- Mark Dawson, who will be telling us all about how the algorithm changes on Facebook are impacting those of us trying to run ads to sell more books in What Do the Changes at Facebook Mean For Authors?
- Nick Stephenson is full of new tips on quickly growing your email list and using it appropriately to sell more books and make a lot of money in his presentation Tools and Tips To Expand Your Email List, Fast.
- Joel Friedlander is going to show us how to create a beautiful interior and make sure your books look just as if a pro created them. (and he’s giving away one of his interior templates to help you!) in Creating Industry-Standard Print Books; How to Design a Beautiful Book Interior.
- ALLi Director Orna Ross is presenting on business building as an author – you don’t want to miss How Authors Make Money: Seven Creative Business Models, which will give you loads of ideas for running your author business and making a profit from your self-publishing adventures.
And I’m delighted to be part of it too! I’m sharing my best tips on finding freelancers and managing your team, whether you’re looking to add a virtual assistant to the mix to help you with marketing or you need other freelancers to help with various elements of your business, in How to Build and Manage a Team of Freelancers to Support your Author Business.
This year we’re also adding some new faces to the mix, such as Melissa Storm, best-selling author and CEO of Novel Publicity and LitRing. We’re excited about who we’ll be sharing with you.
And more. So very much more.
We’re also working hard with our sponsors to bring you some fantastic offers. IngramSpark is offering conference attendees free title set up for print books.
Next week we’ll tell you all about what you can expect from some of our other sponsors, including:
- a special discount from Silver Sponsor, PublishDrive
- some free books and templates
- and much more!
Are you excited yet?
It’s all free but you must register here: http:// selfpublishingadviceconference .com
Don’t forget to invite your author friends to attend too. They will thank you!
Till next time, happy writing and publishing,
Latest news on #ALLi's #Selfpublishing Advice Conference, coming soon, free and online - all indie authors welcome! This post includes a link for you to register. - from conference organiser @katbiggie Click To Tweet