This month's Advanced Self-Publishing Salon from the Alliance of Independent Authors features some of the best discussions of the year between Orna Ross and Joanna Penn. Enjoy this compilation of three of their best shows.
The AskALLi podcasts are sponsored by Damonza: Books Made Awesome.
Topics discussed include:
Are We Moving Toward SelfPub3?
- Orna outlines SelfPub1, 2, and 3.
- Going through giant “siren servers” like Amazon prevents authors from thinking more creatively about how to reach readers.
- Blockchain and other Web3 technology will make it easier to reach readers directly, but we need to start thinking about it now.
How to Refocus Your Author Business
- Ask yourself what you want to be known as. What do you want them to say about you at your funeral?
- What are the tasks you should outsource?
- If you build your assets over time, success is inevitable.
Building Your Team of Professionals
- When is an author ready to build a team of professionals?
- What are the different kinds of professionals you need to hire?
- Be prepared to cut your losses if one of the professionals isn't working out.
- What should you outsource and what should you do yourself?
- It is a relief when you find the right person to help you. You get your writing time back.
We invite you to join our organization and become a self-publishing ally. You can do that at http://allianceindependentauthors.org.
Now, go write and publish!
Listen to the AskALLi Advanced Self-Publishing Salon
Subscribe to our Ask ALLi podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player.FM, Overcast, Pocket Casts, or via our RSS feed:
About the Hosts
Joanna Penn is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling thriller author, as well as writing non-fiction for authors. She is also a professional speaker and entrepreneur, voted as one of The Guardian UK Top 100 creative professionals 2013. She spent 13 years as a business IT consultant in large corporations across the globe before becoming a full-time author-entrepreneur in September 2011. For more information about Joanna, visit her website: http://thecreativepenn.com
Orna Ross launched the Alliance of Independent Authors at the London Book Fair in 2012. Her work for ALLi has seen her named as one of The Bookseller’s “100 top people in publishing”. She also publishes poetry, fiction and nonfiction, and is greatly excited by the democratising, empowering potential of author-publishing. For more information about Orna, visit her website: http://www.ornaross.com