Ask ALLi January – Your Self-Publishing Questions answered by Joanna Penn and Orna Ross
Each month Joanna and Orna answer Member's self-publishing questions. This month the floodgates opened (after our short hiatus) and we discussed to the following questions:
- Have you any suggestions about how to gain higher profile in iBook?
- Is there a need for a new type of Author Service that could help self-published authors if they’s struggling with time management?
- Is there a benefit to gaining a traditional publishing contract?
- What percentage of ALLi writers are non fiction authors?
- How can I find a willing editor for my book that covers a difficult subject, and how can I make sure my book reaches my audience?
- How is it possible to market our books when were are little more than a drop in the ocean of the rapidly expanding ocean of self-publishing?
- I have written four books I'd like to publish, how do I get started?
- What are your thoughts on pricing fiction – all lengths, from short story, to novella to full length
- What do you think about pricing e-books the same as traditional publishing?
- Is there any list or directory of businesses or agencies that ‘specialize' in the marketing, distribution or sales of independently authored books, either in the UK or North America?
- How do you approach organisations to offer help, but also use the relationship to promote your book?
- Have you ever mentioned or discussed Draft2Digital?
- Would you advise seeking an agent, hiring a publishing lawyer, or using Society of Authors Writers' Guild for Screen Rights?
- It would be great to know the best route if you're approached to adapt your own book, or a producer wants to adapt your book with their own scriptwriter in mind?
Ask ALLi YouTube Video
Ask ALLi SoundCloud Podcast
Where can I watch or listen to more Ask ALLi?
- You can catch up on all of our videos on ALLi's YouTube Channel
- You can listen to all of our podcast recordings at ALLi's SoundCloud Channel