Joanna Penn is an award-nominated, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of thrillers under J.F.Penn. She also writes inspirational non-fiction for authors and is an award-winning creative entrepreneur and international professional speaker. Her site, TheCreativePenn.com is regularly voted one of the top 10 sites for writers and self-publishers.
Sukhi Jutla, serial entrepreneur and start-up founder, fin-tech expert, and new author of Escape the Cubicle, interviews Joanna about her book, Business for Authors: How to be an Author Entrepreneur.
In the interview, we discuss:
- What does it actually mean to be an author-entrepreneur as opposed to just an author?
- Why business is truly creative
- The key traits of the author-entrepreneur
- Why constant learning and re-starting after failure are so important
- How the journey of the first book differs to the view from book 25. The book as employee, not as baby!
- Why serving your audience is the key to a business
- The book as the ultimate scalable product, the power of intellectual property, and creating value from our brains
- The different business models for an author-entrepreneur, including fiction and non-fiction books
- The first step to taking your writing from hobby to business
- How to balance your time between creation, marketing and building a business
You can find Business for Authors in ebook, print and audiobook format on all major stores. Download your free Successful Author Blueprint at: www.TheCreativePenn.com/blueprint
Find Sukhi Jutla at: www.SukhiJ.com
Any questions? Tweet Joanna @thecreativepenn or leave a comment below.
#IndieAuthorFringe How To Be An Author-Entrepreneur @thecreativepenn @SukhiJutla http://bit.ly/2y4QYKI Click To Tweet
Joanna is offering (3) ebook or audio book copies of her book “Business For Authors: How To Be An Author Entrepreneur”
All entrants will win a free copy of Sukhi's new ebook ESCAPE THE CUBICLE