Hot off the Press March 7th
Our first conference of 2016 is almost ready to be unveiled. It will take place on Friday April 15th, a fringe event to London Book Fair as part of London Book & Screen Week. We have an amazing line up of indie authors and self-publishing experts waiting to share their knowledge and expertise with you on the day -- and we'll be unveiling the speaker and session lineup next week (March 15th).
As well as first class information from the cutting edge of self-publishing, we'll be hosting free giveaways and an Opening Line competition that is FREE to Enter. This competition will be open for entries on March 15th.
Want to know what we have in store for you? Sign up to attend our Indie Author Fringe event to receive the updates of our Speaker and Session Topic Unveiling on March 15th.
Indie Author Fringe FAQ
What is Indie Author Fringe?
- Indie Author Fringe (formerly known as IndieReCon) offers FREE ONLINE DAY CONFERENCES for authors interested in self-publishing, alongside three of the biggest publishing fairs.
How many Indie Author Fringe events are you hosting in 2016?
- We have planned three online international events in 2016 on the heels of:
- London Book Fair (April 12th-14th 2016) - Our Indie Author Fringe event will be on April 15th
- Book Expo America (May 11th-13th 2016) - Our Indie Author Fringe event will be on May 14th
- Frankfurt Book Fair (19th-23rd October 2016) - Our Indie Author Fringe event will be on October 22nd
What does Indie Author Fringe Offer?
- We offer the best self-publishing advice and education for indie authors across the world — using the global reach of the ALLi network.
How much does it cost to attend Indie Author Fringe?
- We are (and always will be) run by authors for authors, so it’s all free!
What Indie Author topics will your cover?
- Over the course of the year, our online conference events will take authors through the entire indie author journey, from writing to promotion and beyond. Each event will offer 24 hours of non-stop advice and inspiration, organized around key self-publishing topics.
Indie Author Fringe Events are free to attend, but this is only possible because of the unwavering support of our generous sponsors.
WELCOME TO LONDON BOOK FAIR INDIE AUTHOR FRINGE
The Indie Author Fringe is the number one online conference for all Indie Authors.
Orna Ross, Director of the Alliance of Independent Authors, welcomes you to the first of this year's three 24 hour conferences.
10 am LONDON
5 am NEW YORK
2 am LOS ANGELES
9 pm SYDNEY
KEY TRENDS FOR SELF-PUBLISHERS 2016 + EBOOK CHECKLIST
If anyone can predict the future it’s CEO of Smashwords Mark Coker.
He’s been in the eBook market pretty much since there was an ebook market. In this session Mark talks you through what he sees as the key trends for 2016, and provides a checklist for what your ebook must have.
15 April • 10:15 am • LONDON
15 April • 5:15 am • NEW YORK
15 April • 2:15 am • LOS ANGELES
14 April • 9:15 pm • SYDNEY
HOW AUTHORS USE AUDIO TO MARKET & SELL BOOKS
In this lively session you’ll discover:
• Why now is the best time to get into audio
• How to self-publish and market audiobooks
• The best way to work with narrators
• How to narrate your own book and when it’s a good idea
• Options for selling your audio direct
• Podcasting as an author platform
• The best way to research and pitch podcasters for book marketing
DESIGNING BOOK COVERS THAT SELL: THE 7 MUST-HAVES
Designing a book cover is your most important creative decision after writing the book. But often what we are attracted to is not necessarily what works for readers and online stores. Derek Murphy outlines what a good cover will always have.
BONUS – Three foolproof design strategies that work for every genre.