Amazon Academy for Authors in Edinburgh
From 9:00am until 2:15pm
At Central Edinburgh
Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing
Following the success of the Amazon Academy in London and Manchester, the next event in the series is taking place at Edinburgh on Tuesday 23rd May.
The Amazon Academy will provide free advice and practical support to help aspiring authors from across Scotland, covering everything from publishing your work with Kindle Direct Publishing, Amazon’s independent publishing programme, to how to market your work.
The event is open to all and is being run in partnership with the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), and the address in EH3 will be emailed to you as part of the registration process.
Aspiring and established authors will learn how to:
- Write a bestseller with tips from authors on developing a plot, characterisation and the best way to approach dialogue
- How to market your book with guidance from authors on how to use social media effectively, the importance of mailing lists and how to make the most of KDP Select
- The business of being an author with thoughts from experts on everything from how to get the balance right between writing and the rest, how to decide what to outsource and selling books internationally
You can view the full line up below:
- 9:00am: Registation and coffee
- 9:30 – 9:45: Take your seat in the Author Space
- 9:45 – 10:00: Welcome from Darren Hardy, Head of KDP in the UK
- 10:00 – 10:30: Making a Book
- 10:30 – 11:15: How to Write a Bestseller
- 11:15 – 11:30: BREAK
- 11:30 – 12:30: Marketing your Book
- 12:30 – 13:30: Lunch and networking
- 13:30 – 14:15: Making it Happen: The Business of Being an Author
- 14:15: Depart