Do you want to leave your job and make a living with your writing? Would you like to transition into a full-time income from your creativity?
From 9am until 5pm
At Room D06, Regent’s Park University
Inner Circle, London, NW1 4NS, United Kingdom
Orna Ross and Joanna Penn
Do you want to leave your job and make a living with your writing?
Would you like to transition into a full-time income from your creativity?
Come along to this one day workshop and you will leave with:
- Ideas on how you can make a living with your writing
- A deeper understanding of your relationship with money and your own creative process
- The different business models you can use as a writer in today’s global, digital marketplace
- An overview of how to take advantage of changes in the publishing industry
- Tips on how to actually make money with books – fiction and/or non-fiction
- Techniques for making an income through other forms of writing, including blogging
- A step-by-step transition plan into making a full-time living as a creative and creating the life you want
Who is the workshop for?
- People of any age or profession who want to live more creatively and make a living from writing
- Authors of fiction and/or non-fiction, who want to create more financial return from their writing and publishing
- Bloggers and freelance writers who want to expand creative and commercial possibilities
Saturday, 19 November 2016 from 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT)
- 9 – 9.30am : Registration so we can start on time at 9.30am
- 9.30 – 11am – Money mindsets; Applying the creative process to money; Business models; The magic of intellectual property
- 11 – 11.30 – Coffee break
- 11.30 – 1pm – How to make money from books, fiction and non-fiction
- 1 – 2pm – Lunch
- 2 – 3.30pm – How to make money from spin-offs and other forms of writing, including blogging, product sales, affiliate income, consulting/coaching, speaking and more.
- 3.30 – 4pm – Coffee break
- 4 – 5pm – Transition to full-time; Sustaining A Creative Career; Your next steps; Q&A
The workshop includes:
- Downloadable PDF of slides from the workshop plus extra resources
- eBook of How to Make a Living with Your Writing by Joanna Penn
- eBook of Creating Money, Creating Meaning by Orna Ross
Orna Ross is a bestselling literary fiction author, poet and author of creative non-fiction. She is the Founder-Director of the Alliance of Independent Authors and has been voted one of the top 100 most influential people in publishing by The Bookseller UK.
Joanna Penn is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling thriller author (as J.F.Penn) and non-fiction, an international professional speaker and award-winning creative entrepreneur. Her site, TheCreativePenn.com is regularly voted one of the Top 10 sites for writers. Joanna left her day job in 2011 to become a full-time author entrepreneur and has written 20 books.
Regent’s Park University is a 10 minute walk from Baker Street Tube and there are coffee and food options on site for the breaks, or you can bring something from the many cafes and shops around Baker Street.