Get ready for Indie Author Fringe!
Our Indie Author Fringe events are brought to you by the Alliance of Independent Authors. Each event is twenty-four hours of non-stop broadcasts, video, podcasts & articles, allowing authors round the globe to attend live. We feature sessions from indie authors and self-publishing professionals who share their knowledge and expertise to help you achieve your writing and publishing goals.
No matter whether you're a writer considering self-publishing, or an experienced author looking to expand your skill set to reach more readers, there will be a session to capture your attention and make you sit up and take notice.
Here are the dates of primary focus of each event we have schedule for 2017:
What is Indie Author Fringe?
- Indie Author Fringe offers FREE ONLINE DAY CONFERENCES for authors interested in self-publishing, fringe to three of the biggest publishing fairs. ALLi (The Alliance of Independent Authors) goes to Frankfurt Book Fair, Book Expo America and London Book Fair, so indie authors don't have to.
How often does Indie Author Fringe run?
- Three times a year fringe to London Book Fair, Book Expo America and Frankfurt Book Fair. Here are the 2016 dates:
- London Book Fair (April 12th-14th 2016) - Our Indie Author Fringe event ran on April 15th
- Book Expo America (May 11th-13th 2016) - Our Indie Author Fringe event ran on May 14th
- Frankfurt Book Fair (19th-23rd October 2016) - Our Indie Author Fringe ran on October 22nd
- Our 2017 Indie Author Fringe dates for 2017 are:
- London Book Fair (March 14-16 2017) - Fringe event on March 18th
- Book Expo America (May 31th-June 2nd 2017) - Fringe event on June 3rd
- Frankfurt Book Fair (11th-15th October 2017) - Fringe event on October 14th
What does Indie Author Fringe Offer?
- Webinars and workshops, tools and tips, advice and inspiration for indie authors across the world — using the global reach of the ALLi network.
How much does it cost to attend Indie Author Fringe?
- All free, thanks to our generous speakers and sponsors.
What topics are covered?
- Over the course of the year, we take authors across all stages of the author-publishing journey: writing, editorial, design, production, distribution, sales, marketing, rights licensing, money matters and living the indie author life.
I want to tell my author friends!
Meet the Indie Author Fringe Organisers
Irish indie author, Orna Ross, writes and publishes novels, poetry and the Go Creative! books and blog, all with the aim of fostering “creativism“.
In addition to her writing and publishing, Orna is Founder-Director of the non-profit association for self-publishers, the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the online author conference, the The Indie Author Fringe and The Go Creative! Show Each year since 2013, she has been named “one of 100 most influential people in publishing” (The Bookseller). She is currently working on a trilogy about the Irish poet WB Yeats, and his muses, Maud and Iseult Gonne.
Tweet her: @ornaross.
David Penny returned to writing fiction after a break of almost 40 years during which he built a successful IT company. He is currently working on a 10-book historical mystery series set in Moorish Spain at the end of the 15th Century. The fourth Thomas Berrington mystery is due for release in 2017.
I believe Indie is the future of publishing. It offers freedom, flexibility, and allows all authors the opportunity to become master of their own destiny. ALLi and the Indie Author Fringe can help by offering the resources essential to all authors.
Tweet him: @
Jay is a project manager specialising in content marketing and social media management. She is the Social Media Mentor at WoMentoring, and is the Communication Manager at the Alliance of Independent Authors.
She's a travel writer with Travel Guides and a Travel Memoir in Verse to her name, and is currently working on a 4-part How to Write a Travel guide series.
Collaboration and knowledge sharing are at the heart of the indie author community, and ALLi and the Indie Author Fringe events exemplify these values wholeheartedly.
Tweet her: @