Welcome to the 2nd annual IndieReCon 2014!
Many of you attended last year but many of you may be new so let me give you a little history.
Ali Cross and I co-founded this conference last year after a discussion with the Indelibles on how we could give back to the indie community we love so much.
In over 3 days, we had more than 18,000 visitors to the site and a wonderful turn-out. So – of course- we had to do it again. Bigger and better than before!
This year, Ali and I went through all the survey feedback and built this agenda specifically for all of you. In addition, we have added more chats, a live podcast, and a couple webinars to make it a little more interesting.
Over the last few months, Me and Ali (along with this year's hosts Heather, Christine, Chanda, and Cheri) have been working hard to gather awesome speakers, amazing giveaways, and supportive partners. It's been a lot of work and we've loved every minute of it, knowing it was our way of helping writers find a way.
Why IndieReCon? Making indie publishing a mission possible.
IndieReCon's name came from an indie revolution. ReCon is for reconnaissance, but the CON for conference. This free conference is a gift from us to you.
- To any writer curious about what it takes to indie publish.
- To any writer wanting to understand the pros and cons.
- To any writer looking to connect and learn from their home.
- To any writer looking to improve their craft and writing process.
- To any writer who has embarked on the publishing process and wants to learn more.
- To any writer or author wanting to learn how to get from book to bestseller.
- To any writer who is curious how bestsellers make it to the top.
This conference is for all of you.
Here's how the conference will work:
- Look at the schedule for the topics and speakers (all times are in EST time).
- Come here – to the IndieReCon Home page – at the time you are interested in for the information you need.
- Be sure to check the chat locations – some are here on this site live and some are on Twitter.
- Every guest will have a giveaway for attendees that will only run for their schedule time. We did this so we could have something for people who show up in the spirit of any raffle – you must be present to win :). We understand some people won't be able to enter some due to constraints which is why we have so many all throughout the day.
- You can enter as many giveaways as you like throughout the conference. There is no limit. They will all be chosen by rafflecopter randomly.
- If you have a question, feel free to post it in the comments. Our speakers will pop in and out through the 3 days and try to answer them
- We are running a grand prize as well – a Kobo Aura and tons of ebooks. 🙂 This giveaway will run until the end of the conference. You can enter by helping us spread the word about the conference!
We look forward to a wonderful time with many great guests and attendees.
We'd like to thank out speakers for their time, giveaways, and knowledge as well as our sponsors (Kobo, IndieReader, ALLi, Bibliocrunch, Indelibles, Shelf Unbound, The Author Marketing Club and the Author Ad Network) for helping to support the conference.
Let the games begin!
Ali and Shelli