How to Market and Sell Poetry in the Digital Era
Target Audience: All Levels
Everybody knows that poetry doesn’t sell, right?
Wrong. The ebook era and self-publishing have created new opportunities that make it easier than ever for poets to make money from their work. All you need are the right tools and the right perspective.
In this presentation, Michael La Ronn will offer an abundance of tips to help you use current publishing trends monetize your poetry, whether it be a single poem, an existing poetry collection, or your next manuscript. This presentation is a must-see for any poet who wants to stand out in this small but very crowded genre.
You will walk away with a clear understanding of:
- The requirements of success for a poet in this new world of publishing
- What’s selling right now
- Where to find poetry readers and how to connect with them
- How to indie publish your next collection and why you should consider doing so
- Ideas for marketing individual poems and collections alike
Michael La Ronn is the author of over 30 science fiction & fantasy books including the Galaxy Mavericks series, Modern Necromancy series, and The Last Dragon Lord series. He writes from the great plains of Iowa and has perfected the art of balancing writing with a full-time job and family, writing 5-7 books per year.
In addition to fiction, he has also published 2 poetry collections under the pen name Elliott Parker. His nonfiction book series, Indie Poet Rock Star, helps poets transition into indie publishing and the ebook revolution.
You can find him at www.michaellaronn.com.
Facebook: Facebook/Michael La Ronn
For three (3) lucky entrants, Michael will be giving away his Indie Poet Power Pack that contains:
- ebook version of his Indie Poet Rock Star: The Poet’s Guide to Ebooks, Marketing and the Self-Publishing Revolution
- ebook version of his Indie Poet Formatting: How to Format a Poetry Collection for Ebook and Print
- Bonus ebook & print formatting templates for your next poetry collection
How to Enter the Speaker Giveaway
- All author giveaways will be featured on their Session page on the day of the event.
- Head over to this speaker’s virtual session when it is live, to enter their Giveaway.
- There are multiple ways to enter the giveaway. The more you do, the more chances you have of winning.