How An Author Assistant Can Grow Your Business
Kate Tilton, Author Assistant extraordinaire, explains what a good assistant can do for an author, why not all VAs are the same, what to ask when hiring and all the different ways a good assistant can help you to grow your business — including the pitfalls to watch for.
- A clear picture of the difference between a virtual assistant and an author assistant
- The benefits of adding an author assistant to your author team
- How to find the right author assistant for your needs
Kate Tilton has been in love with books for as long as she can remember. A relatively new voice in publishing, Kate has been serving authors behind the scenes since 2010. Founder of Kate Tilton’s Author Services, LLC, Kate works as an author assistant and speaker with the mission of connecting authors and readers. Kate is the creator and host of #K8chat (Thursdays at 9pm Eastern on Twitter) and has appeared on popular media such as Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, RT Book Reviews, The Book Designer, Kobo Writing Life and Rafflecopter. A cat-lover and fan of many geeky things, Kate can likely be found curled up with the latest Doctor Who episode, plotting world takeover, or connecting authors and readers in any way she can.
A guest spot on #K8chat, which is a weekly Twitter chat held every Thursday at 9pm Eastern. A publishing related chat where we discuss topics relevant to readers and authors. I created this chat to connect readers and authors, picking topics where both groups can contribute to the conversation.
A guest post or gif interview feature on Kate’s site katetilton.com.
One print copy of The Self-Publisher’s Ultimate Resource Guide by Joel Friedlander and Betty Kelly Sargent
How to Enter the Speaker Giveaway
- All author giveaways will be featured on their Session page on the day of the event.
- Head over to this speaker’s virtual session when it is live, to enter their Giveaway.
- There are multiple ways to enter the giveaway. The more you do, the more chances you have of winning.