Are You Making These Common Fiction Writing Mistakes?
The best way to get your novel right is to first know how to avoid getting it wrong. In this 60-minute session, award-winning fantasy author K.M. Weiland shares the top five mistakes authors make in creating their story worlds and building their plots.
You’ll learn how to:
- Think beyond clichés to find truly original ideas—and then how to make sure you’re taking full advantage of all the opportunities within your high-concept premise
- Create imaginative and exciting settings that support your ultimate goal of strong plot and character, rather than getting in their way
- Structure even sprawling epics to create powerful and resonant pacing and flow
- Select the right number of POVs for your story and then manage them responsibly to create cohesion and foreshadowing
- Choose the right endings for books within a series and use them to hook readers into the next book without frustrating or disappointing them
Join me in taking your novel to the next level!
K.M. Weiland lives in make-believe worlds, talks to imaginary friends, and survives primarily on chocolate truffles and espresso. She is the IPPY, NIEA, and Lyra Award-winning and internationally published author of Outlining Your Novel, Structuring Your Novel, and Creating Character Arcs. She writes historical and speculative fiction from her home in western Nebraska and mentors authors on her award-winning website Helping Writers Become Authors.
1 Paperback Copy and 5 Digital Copies of Creating Character Arcs
Description: Have you written a story with an exciting concept and interesting characters—but it just isn’t grabbing the attention of readers or agents? It’s time to look deeper into the story beats that create realistic and compelling character arcs. Internationally published, award-winning novelist K.M. Weiland shares her acclaimed method for achieving memorable and moving character arcs in every book you write.
By applying the foundation of the Three-Act Story Structure and then delving even deeper into the psychology of realistic and dynamic human change, Weiland offers a beat-by-beat checklist of character arc guidelines that flexes to fit any type of story.
How to Enter the Speaker Giveaway
- All author giveaways will be featured on their Session page on the day of the event.
- Head over to this speaker’s virtual session when it is live, to enter their Giveaway.
- There are multiple ways to enter the giveaway. The more you do, the more chances you have of winning.