Freelancing to Pay the Bills
Very few writers make a living from fiction. You can carry on with the day job and write in your spare time or — if you’re good enough — you can pay the bills from your earnings as a freelance writer. A writer who does just that tells you how.
Format: Blog Post
Aspiring freelance writers will learn
- What works;
- What doesn’t work;
- Why they work/don’t work;
- How to get on the gravy train and how to stay there.
John Lynch has been writing since he was 10 years old and carried on doing it during a career of more than 40 years in international sales. He made a breakthrough in 1989 when:
- His first book was published (by a traditional publisher);
- He sold his first short story to the BBC for what was then Morning Story (you can listen to it on his blog here: http://tinyurl.com/zhukbhz; and
- He sold his first freelance article (to Good Housekeeping Magazine).
As an indie, he has published three novels in the last three years, with two more due out this year; he also freelances enough that he covers every household bill from his freelance earnings. His latest book is How To Make Money As A Freelance Writer.
Email: [email protected]
John is offering three copies of How To Make Money As A Freelance Writer in paperback format, and anyone who doesn’t win can buy the book for £5 instead of £7, free postage wherever in the world they may be, until 21st May.
How to Enter the Speaker Giveaway
- All author giveaways will be featured on their Session page on the day of the event.
- Head over to this speaker’s virtual session when it is live, to enter their Giveaway.
- There are multiple ways to enter the giveaway. The more you do, the more chances you have of winning.