How to Create a Stunning Media Kit for You and Your Book
Target Audience: All Levels
A media kit is like an information packet that informs everyone – not just members of the media – about you and your author brand. Think of it as a supercharged business card that tells them who you are as an author, what you do as an author, and what separates you from others in your field. Your information kit answers many of the questions someone would ask about you or your books.
In this presentation, you’ll learn…
- Why an author media kit anchors your book promotion
- How these materials prepare you for attention from the media
- Who the media kit is for (Spoiler: It’s more than just members of the media)
- The essential pieces of an author media kit
- What the media expects to see in your kit
- Pitfalls to avoid
- How to make your press materials work for you whether you’re there or not
With so many shouting for the attention of influencers in the media, it’s important for you to have the right publicity materials in place before you reach out to them. Whether you’re promoting a book that’s brand-new, building your author platform in anticipation of a book release, or your book has been out a while and you need some help keeping it relevant, a solid publicity strategy will help you get the attention of the right people.
Chris Well teaches authors how to leverage publicity to build their platform, grow their audience, and get more people to read their books. He’s a media veteran with 30-some years of experience working in magazines, newspapers, broadcasting, and digital media. He’s been a magazine editor, columnist, journalist, broadcaster, and teacher, with field experience covering music, publishing, human interest, and more. (There was even that time he was the editor of a bridal magazine.) As a novelist, Chris has written suspense and mysteries for traditional publishers and as a self-published author.
Email: [email protected]
Want to make an author media kit and don’t quite know where to start?
As a special gift to you, I’d like to give you a free set of author media kit templates! It includes simple guides to create your author bio(s), book one-sheet, book announcement, and more.
How to Enter the Speaker Giveaway
- All author giveaways will be featured on their Session page on the day of the event.
- Head over to this speaker’s virtual session when it is live, to enter their Giveaway.
- There are multiple ways to enter the giveaway. The more you do, the more chances you have of winning.