Just submit the first line of your book or story (the first full sentence ONLY) to enter. You also have the option of entering a link to your book on the retailer of your choice.
The Opening Line competition opens at Midnight London time on the 16th March, and ends at 8am London Time on the 16th April 2016
The 10 entries that have the most votes at the close of the competition, will be submitted to our sponsor (The International Rubery Book Award) who will select one competition winner.
The winner will be announced at 10am London Time on the 16th April.
PRIZE FOR THIS COMPETITION: A Cash prize of £150 is being provided
ENTRIES FOR THE OPENING LINE COMPETITION ARE NOW CLOSED
Competition Terms & Conditions
This competition is being run by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) and is open to everyone but employees of ALLi to enter. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Opening date for competition entry is March 15th 2016 at 6pm London Time. Closing date is 8am London Time on the 16th April 2016. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be accepted.
No entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
Only one winner will be chosen from a short-list of 10.
HOW TO ENTER
- Provide the title of your book or story
- Provide your Opening Line
- Provide your Name and Email
- You also have the option of providing a link of where to purchase your book or story
- Submit your competition entry and then encourage your friends and fans to vote for your Opening Line
How to enter information: http://selfpublishingadvice.org/iaf2016-first-line-comp-submission/
Voting for your favorite entry: http://selfpublishingadvice.org/iaf-2016-first-line-competition/
- At the close of the competition, the 10 entries with the most votes will be submitted to our sponsor, and a competition winner will be selected by our Competition Sponsor.
- The prize is as stated and no alternatives will be offered.
- The winner will be announced at 10am London Time on the 16th April.
- ALLi will notify the winner by email regarding the prize delivery.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
ALLi shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
ALLi also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.