The next workshop will take place a week later than usual, on Friday 2nd April. The time remains the same, 5pm UK time. That's 9am PDT, Vancouver, 12 noon EDT New York, 6pm SAST Johannesburg, 9.30 pm IT, New Dehli.) Check this world clock to find your time. Don't worry if you can't make it live; there will be a replay.
Our topic this month is “Your Key to Finding the Right Readers: Comparable Authors”.
As the title suggests, this workshop is about knowing and understanding your “comps”, the books and authors that are most comparable to yours. Determining good comp authors for your book is essential to marketing and advertising success.
During the workshop you will:
– Find six to ten new “comps” (comparable books or authors which your potential readers are already reading)
– Document where your books overlap with theirs and what that means for your work
– Identify 3 core categories and 10 core keywords
– Consider your comps in relation to your author platform and book marketing
– Construct a creative business plan for the next quarter, based on your comps
You can find more information about comparable authors and titles in this mid-month motivator blog post here.
I look forward to seeing you at the workshop, if you're free to attend live.
We'll send reminders again next week and your planners will be with you, as usual, on or before the first day of the month, 1st of April–and as this month is the start of a new quarter, they'll include a quarterly review and forecast planner.