How-To For Authors
Welcome to the Author Advice Centre run by The Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), the global non-profit association for writers who self-publish.
Founded in 2012 by indie author, Orna Ross (left), ALLi brings together the world's best self-publishing authors and advisors to work together for each other.
Our mission is to foster excellence and ethics in self-publishing and while there are many exclusive benefits for ALLi members, our advice is freely available to all here, as a service to the indie author community.
A new post goes up daily and you can sign up on the blog page to have each post delivered to your email by blog broadcast, or if you don't like daily email, to receive a summary newsletter each month from Debbie.
As well as our advice posts, you'll also find here:
- Self-publishing news by Valerie Shanley each Friday
- Watchdog reports from ALLi's Partner Member (publishing services) Manager, Andy Lowe, and other members of the Watchdog team
- ALLi Members' Showcase, where members tell the world about their latest news, launches and achievements. (Members submit your news here)
- A Guidebooks for Authors page where you can buy ALLi guidebooks about self-publishing.
- The Indie Author Fringe, where you can register for, and attend, the global online conference for indie authors (formerly IndieReCon). Again, it's all free.
The author advice we offer is divided across seven categories, see below. And do check back regularly, there's always something new going on.
ALLi's core principles are ethics and excellence in self-publishing. People self-publish for many reasons and all who want to do it well are invited to join our diverse, vibrant and friendly community.