Now that the dust has settled after a frenzied 24-hours of LBF Indie Author Fringe sessions, find out who won the Speaker Giveaways and the Opening Line Competition.
We also remind you about the Sponsor Discounts that can save you money, and ask you to take the time to submit your feedback about our Indie Author Fringe conference. Let us know what we did well, and what we could do better.
In our event we covered e-books, print books and audio books, and included author sessions and expertise about writing, book production and distribution. We also left you in no doubt about the importance of a good cover design!
Our first online conference of 2016 was everything we hoped it would be … and more.
Our speakers provided a plethora of invaluable self-publishing advice, and there was something for everyone, no matter where you are in your indie author journey. Speakers also offered giveaways and here’s the winners that were picked at random by Rafflecopter:
Indie Author Fringe Rafflecopter Winners
- Charlene Davis won Jay Artale’s Pinterest for Authors Evaluation and Strategic Plan giveaway
- Michele won SRJohannes’ 60 minute consulting session, plus a copy of “Marketing Your Words” eBook
- Julie won Ali Cross’ Free book formatting, including print and digitals with custom design
- Kay won JD Smith’s new book “The Importance of Cover Design”
- Deborah won Melissa Addey’s ebook “The Happy Commuter”, and Debbie won Melissa’s ebook “Fragrant Concubine”
- Debra and Charlene won Mohana Rajakumar’s “Love Comes Later” ebook, and Gin and Kate won “The Migrant Report” ebook
- Walt won Yen Ooi’s “A Suspicious Collection” ebook, and Lisa won Yen’s Write Right Notebook
- Debbie, Amanda, Marx, Anteria and Terry won ebook copies of Bob Mayer’s “Ides of March”
- Sara won the Kobo eReader offered during Diego Marano’s session
- Margay, Pam and Richard all won ebook formatting by Mark Coker
- Bonnie, Amanda, Shelli, Jennifer and Sam won copies of Nina Amir’s “How to Blog a Book”, Janet won Nina’s “Author Training Manual”, and Terry won a free place on Nina’s Blog Course.
- Jaimie won a copy of Ian Sutherland’s “Advanced Twitter Strategies for Authors”
- Bonnie won Dan Holloway’s ebook “The Transparency of Sutures”
- Heather won Helena Halme’s signed paperback copy of “The Englishman”
- Kat won a signed copy of “Marry in Haste” by Debbie Young
- Jennifer is going to be naming a Victim in David Penny’s next book
- Kat won a paperback of “Me-Time Tales from Rosalind Minett, Pedar won an ebook copy of “Intrusion”
- Pen won a copy of Joel Friedman’s Book Launch Toolkit
- Patricia, Pedar and Thomas won Joanna Penn’s audiobook “Business for Authors: How to be an Author Entrepreneur” on Audible
- Alexa won 3 free months of Bublish from Kathy Meis
- Nia won a signed paperback of Andrew Lowe’s “The Ghost”
- Sienna won 50% off an editorial assessment with any Reedsy editor offered during Ricardo Fayet’s session
- Cristina won the ebook box set of Laxmi Hariharan’s “The Many Lives” series
- Shonna and Chris won print copies of Roz Morris’ “Nail Your Novel – Why Writers Abandon Books & How You Can Draft, Fix & Finish With Confidence.”
- Amanda won Leila Dewji’s Self-Publishing Action plan and 1:1 session
- Tiffany won 2 books, a 21 day email course and a book-launch roadmap from Derek Murphy
- Michael won a paperback copy of “Bloodrush (The Scarlet Star Trilogy Book 1)” from Ben Galley, and Meg, Jennifer, Suki and Mary won ebook versions
- May won a one-year subscription to The Hot Sheet from Jane Friedman
- Vicky won an ebook copy of the ALLi guidebook “How Authors Sell Publishing Rights” from Orna Ross
That’s a lot of winners – all who have been contacted via email. So if you won one of the giveaways check your inbox for the details.
There’s also a couple of free downloads offered by the other speakers:
- Download a free copy of Nick Stephenson’s Reader Magnets
- Download a copy of Keith Dixon’s “Altered Life” ebook that’s free on Amazon at the moment
- Download a copy of “Accessible eBook Guidelines for Self-Publishing Authors“
Still Time to Save Money with Sponsor Discounts and Deals
In Celebration of IngramSpark’s Gold Sponsorship of Indie Author Fringe they are offering the following discount deal:
- All setup costs waived on new titles.
- Setup your existing paperback titles in hardback for no additional cost.
- Enter INDIEFRINGE16 when setting up your title.
- Discount valid until May 31st 2016.
For the month of April, Silver Sponsor Matador, are offering 20% off their quoted pre-press costs, applicable when a contract is received in April. Obtain a written quotation for your book from Matador, then when you return your contract in April 2016, they will apply a 20% discount to the quoted pre-press cost.
Session Sponsor, Damonza will take 10% off any of their services for any author using the coupon code FRINGE10. This will be valid for any orders placed until 30 April 2016.
Blissetts, whose speciality is smaller print runs and speciality books, are offering a 15% discount on any orders placed by the end of May. Just use Indie Author Fringe as the discount code.
Opening Line Competition Winner
As well as the Giveaways, we hosted an Opening Line Competition, and the winning line submitted by Jessica Veter is:
Jay’s first set of eyes (not including the ones he’d been born with) had come as part of a bulk discount at Giant Tiger.
This competition was sponsored by The Rubery International Book Award.
Feedback about LBF Indie Author Fringe
Let us know using this Google Form. Your feedback will help us streamline and improve future events. (There’s also a section to leave us a Testimonial). Please take a moment to share your thoughts.
BEA Indie Author Fringe
And while we’re on the subject of our next event, Indie Author Fringe for BookExpo America, is scheduled for Saturday May 14th.
The focus of this free online conference for indie authors is:
- Reaching Readers
- Book Marketing
- Book Promotion
We’re hosting more Speaker Giveaways and a Cover Competition, as well as sharing indie author and self-publishing expertise to help you reach more readers.Don't miss out on our #IndieAuthor Fringe Sponsor Discounts #IAF16 Click To Tweet